A couple of years ago, I purchased a book about making books. I tried a couple of the ideas and gave them away as gifts to my nieces. No photos.
I have a lovely artsy friend who I talked into making me a book. She used an old pair of jeans (my old fat jeans?) for the cover. I used it to record our 4 day cross-country move from Ohio to Idaho.
Used AAA trip map.
Made a few cutouts with a different friends' paper cutter thingy.
I have for several months been mulling around an idea of another way I could use some of my postcards. Last night while jumping around Pinterest, I was inspired! There was a 3 part tutorial on binding books. I had seen this sort of thing done before, but for some reason last night got me moving.
Today...
I am already planning my next one. I love that I can work with paper & do a little sewing (the binding) & use things I have around the house.
My mother is going to inherit my book as she wants to venture into the world of book making. I've already been perusing (sp?) Amazon for another!
See ya!













Wow! I only made little booklets, sewing the paper. I wonder how Michael Faraday bound books before he started his career in science and discovery (chemistry, optics, electricity....)
ReplyDeleteI saw that picture of the jean covered book and thought, "Hey, I used to make those..." then I clicked on the link and realized I did make it! (I'm a dork!) Love that you are making books!!!!! So excited to see more from you.
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing!
ReplyDelete