Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Swap Update:

One of the newest swaps I am participating in is "How-To from your favorite book character."  I am to write a letter explaining how my favorite book character might do certain things.  (i.e. cast spells with a wand, travel through time, shape shift)  I have decided to write about Katniss from the "Hunger Games."  I think I will focus on how to survive in District 12, "where you can starve to death in safety."

In addition to the letter, I'd also like to create a mini-zine to go with it.  This is something that I have just started to do (make "zines").  I have created one and sent it off to a penpal in California.  (I am anxiously awaiting feedback.)  I thought the swap would be a good way to keep up my rusty writing skills.  (If I ever had any, that is.)  The zine, I think, would also help me to stretch my creative muscles.  (Again, assuming....)  Something interesting to think about instead of dwelling on the usual worries.  

If you'd like to see the first zine (if I'm not too embarrased to share) let me know.  Requests accepted via postcard to my home.  (For my collection, of course!)


1 comment:

  1. Every time I read one of your posts it's late at night and I think to myself, "I need to buy some postcards for her" but then by morning I forget... Maybe I remember this time!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts