This is what I see when I'm at the circulation desk at the library.
One of our full-time gals is going to have a baby soon and so the manager was dividing up some of her duties. I volunteered to be in charge of the display case (which used to be in the back of the library). I had done that two years ago at the middle school and loved the challenge.
Not that I remembered to take good pictures, but my first display was some of my postcard collection.
I got some really nice comments about it! *blush*
Since then, the case has been filled with a gratitude display, Christmas, fundraiser stuff, new years resolutions, and right now I have it filled with some book spine poetry.
(not sure that everyone is quite "getting it")
IF I remember, I will get photos of that.
Next month, a gal from one of the other branches will be displaying some beautiful stuff that she acquired while living in the Middle East.



I'd love a display cabinet like that for postcards. It would be so easy to change the display. I hope you do have photos of the book spine poetry. It sounds intriguing.
ReplyDeleteVery cool! (Jealous of your work view. So many books, so little time...)
ReplyDeleteI hear ya. I can never seem to get out of work without something for someone in my family! I brought home another novel & I haven't even finished "The Gurnsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society."
ReplyDelete