Thursday, August 26, 2010
Walking
I have taken up a new hobby that I hope will become a new habit. Walking. Most mornings I have gotten up before the children get up and go for a walk around our neighborhood. Depending on how early one gets up, you can see folks going to work, others out walking or jogging, or see and hear the wonder that is lawn sprinklers.
Yes, I'm a dork, but having installed/automatic lawn sprinklers is such an exciting and new thing for me. Everyone has them. Including me! They are fed through the local canal systems that also help hydrate the local farms. So stinkin' cool. The best is to hear them when they first come on. (Made me jump out of my skin the first time I heard it late at night. Sounds like a bunch of hissing snakes!!!)
Anyway, they are fun to walk through when it's hot, or jump over when it's not.
The best are the rogue sprinklers. (That's my name for them.) The ones that don't work right. Some look like miniature water falls. Others shoot straight up. So fascinating!
(Can anyone tell that I have no friends & no job & spend tooooooo much time with children?????)
Labels:
new,
sprinklers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
These beautiful ladies came to me from Newcastle West, Ireland. (Postcrossing) Aren't they wonderful?!!! This is how I imagine me...
-
Anyone who knows me knows that I love books! Reading them, collecting them, and now making them. A couple of years ago, I purchased a boo...
-
I found a lovely packet of index cards at a garage sale many moons ago. I didn't have a specific purpose in mind for them. Until ...
-
When I was 6 my family moved from the Dayton, Ohio area to the north of Dayton, Ohio area. I had one best friend and she and I were det...


Yep, I can tell. Kidding. :) The sprinklers are a must here, or else you start to realize you really do live in the desert.
ReplyDeleteThat was the first thing (in reverse) that we noticed when we moved here to Ohio!! Where did the sprinklers go??? Our weather is finally mellow- highs in the high 70's and so I started walking Sarge during the day after the neighborhood kids have left for school. He carries a teddy bear in his mouth on his walks!!
ReplyDeleteYeah... I kind of forgot about the whole "plants need water" bit when we moved. Going from rain to no rain threw me for a loop, and the beautiful rose bush I have out front suffered dearly for it. I'm now on rose bush water patrol 6 days a week. Fun stuff!
ReplyDeleteSoooo glad I get to read your blog again! :) I love walking and wish I could do it in the morning- but Aaron leaves for work at 6:15 am- I am not getting up THAT early. ;) so, I walk when I can! :)
ReplyDelete