Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’ve never done before? 
Be a single mother.  For two months Ivan was in Idaho while I wrapped things up in Ohio.  I was still working, serving at church, and packing.  (packing, selling, throwing, donating)

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year? 
I resolve every year to make a resolution next year.  So, I did achieve my goal.  As for this year, so far so good!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A couple of friends.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
A fomer neighbor and her son.  She and her two children were abducted.  The daughter held prisoner.  The mother & son dismembered, stuffed in garbage bags, hidden in a tree.  This was so very shocking to me.  I used to baby sit those kids.  They went to school with my kids.  I had been in their home; they in mine.  It still gives me chills and breaks my heart.

5. What countries did you visit?
Yeah, dumb question.


6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A full savings account.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched in your memory and why?
A cold day in March when we found out we would have to move or be unemployed.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not falling apart.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I'm am pretty dang happy with how I handled all of last year's challenges.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? 
Had one of the nastiest cases of the flu since my BYU days.  Headaches became a daily reality.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Laptop!

12. Where did most of your money go?
Laptop!

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Laptop!

14. Happier or sadder?
Yes!

15. Thinner or fatter? 
Yes!

16. Richer or poorer?
Yes!

17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Temple work.

18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Where to start....

19. How did you spend Christmas?
Watching movies, playing games, eating, talking to family on the phone.

20. Did you fall in love in 2010?
No, I've always loved Johnny Depp.  I mean Ivan!!!  

21. What was your favorite TV show?
Sadly, there are too many to list.  (I guess I should go back to #18)

22. What was the best book you read?
Hunger Games Trilogy!

23. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2010? 
I got nothin'.

24. What did you want and get?
A laptop!!!


25. What did you want and not get?
iPad.

26. What was your favorite film this year?
Again with #18!

27. What did you do on your birthday?
Went to Church.

28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? 
I wish we could've gone on a vacation.  (I wish that every year.)  And that we'd have movers to do all of the work.  


29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? 
lol

30. What kept you sane?
Medicine.

31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? 
Seriosly?!  Please refer to #20

32. What political issue stirred you the most? 
Not really in the mood for that question.

33. Who did you miss?
Family, friends, and familiar territory.

34. Who was the best new person you met?
Our Bishop & his wife & Kim & Daphne & Laura.

35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
I can do more than I thought I could.



2 comments:

  1. I love it!! I am so glad you did this year end review!! I think 2011 will be even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- I didn't know you knew that family that was killed! My sister went to high school with the mom. It was truly very shocking.

    I enjoyed reading your list!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts