Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Making of Scripture Journals (the Bonnie version)

This is a notebook/journal I got clearanced somewhere in Ohio.  I don't like the cover, but I like the magnetic closure, ribbon book mark, and the price!



I am not fond of clowns, therefore I have not used this journal & have been waiting for a day to recover it.  I was also waiting for some inspiration as to what I would use it for.  When I found the idea online for a scripture journal - "light bulb" to quote Dr. Grue.

 I'm not a huge butterfly person, but the red on the butterfly coordinated with the red of the book cover.  Plus, I'm on this quest to use up all of the craft stuff that I lugged 'cross country so that I could justify buying more.  I haven't quite figured out a title, label that I can make from the stuff that I have, but I'll get it eventually.





I used some composition books that I got at Staples' back to school sales in the fall.  I made one for each of the ladies I visit teach.  Together, I hope, we are going to take our daily scripture study up a notch.  It was fun making them.  I was happy to make use of some donated scrapbooking supplies before they yellowed with age.  And I'm one project closer to cleaning out my Harry Potter craft closet.  (My craft/sewing/office room from my Ohio house got reduced to a closet under the stairs - hence the "Harry Potter Closet" - when we came to Idaho.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! Now I'm inspired to make my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome!! Leave it to you to make everything worth doing, so beautiful! I love it! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts