One of the things that I moved cross country was a great find from the World's Largest Garage Sale that I shopped at with my mom and brother before moving.
I purchased a stack of "The Art Amateur magazine; devoted to art in the household." They were published back in 1893-1894. I was thinking about some ideas for crafts, decor, and swapping last night so I pulled them out of the HP closet to peruse.
Although it is too large for me to scan an entire page, I do have some cool images that I wanted to share:
Of course, like anything today, this magazine began with several pages of advertisements. Obviously from the title you have guessed that everything is art themed. Some of my favorite images from the August 1894 issue are some of the book plates:
![]() |
| I posted this whole section so that you could read the information that accompanied the book plates. Nifty! |
Anyone wishing to share some craft ideas using these images, feel free to comment. I have a couple ideas bouncing around in my head; just need them time to make them happen.









No comments:
Post a Comment