Thursday, October 27, 2011

The First Postcard

I don't remember the first time I received a postcard (sorry to whomever sent it) but I do remember purchasing postcards for the first time.  I was in a little town in Southern France.  I was very anxious for my mother to experience as much as possible from my travels in France.  

This is Tarbes, which can be found in the Hautes Pyrenees.  

I think that just about everywhere in France is beautiful.  Here you can see le Cloitre, le Musee, le Petit Train, and the buvette.  Gardens in France are the "Don't Walk On The Grass" variety.  They make beautiful photo backgrounds!
This is Avenue Foche.  Lots of shoppers.  Folks tend to walk more than drive; especially in the smaller towns.  Notice how there is a car parked on the sidewalk.  Pretty typical of folks who do drive!  
This was given to me by a fellow traveler, with an invitation to visit him if I ever passed through his town in Utah.  (I had totally forgotten about that until just now as I was scanning these cards.)

Thanks for taking a walk down memory lane with me!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's true but I think I read somewhere that you aren't supposed to park on the side of a road in France. It must be off the road or in a designated parking space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think any one follows or enforces that law. So crazy to walk, drive, or park in France. (Still love the place!)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts