Thursday, October 18, 2012

Blogtoberfest 2012 {day 18}

I warn my kids.  Quite often.  To clean their rooms.  But they don't, so I do.

Today, my target was son #2.  It became nearly impossible to walk into his room without injury and I worried that if there was a fire no rescue workers would be able to get in there to find him.

Sleeves rolled up, garbage bags in hand, I went in.  Hours later, there were several bags of garbage, loads of donations, an organized closet and dresser, a pile for the wash, furniture dusted.  Happy Mommy.

I warn my kids.  When momma cleans the room there are no hostages.  Just victims.  Things go missing.  Sometimes forever.  I used to the do the ransom thing (do x chore to earn back stuff or pay $).  Today was not one of those days.  Amazing thing is, sometimes they don't even notice what's missing.  Ha!

So, I'm ready for lunch.  And a shower.  And the next room..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts