Step one required a perusal of the collection.
Here is one of the boxes and to it's right you can sort of see two of my postcard books.
Boring details: The box was found at a sale at Michael's a few months ago. The books I acquired at Target on the clearance rack.
Step Two: the selection process. I decided to go with pretty & brightly colored rather than the traditional touristy postcards. Also through in the originals of my own designs. And one shameless advertisement card with my business name on it.
Step Three: the bike ride to the library, removal of the lost & found items that were in the display cabinet, a quick clorox wipe, and then the arranging.
(Photos to follow)
A couple of my fellow coworkers admired the collection and asked questions. Being that I live in a small town, I invariably ran into a few friends as well. Then I was off to deliver the lost & found items to the donation trailer that sits in the parking lot of our church.
Then home-back to the realities of homework, dinner, and the occasional neighbor kid.
All in a day's work.



No comments:
Post a Comment