Although I love breaks & vacations as much as the next guy, I do have to say that I love having a routine!
It is very nice having a set time to get up & some deadlines for getting things done.
This year, I have an hour and a half in between getting the oldest on the school bus, and the middle child out the door headed to school. This allows me some one on one time with each of them.
Thanks to some inspiration and the fact that he is now in the Young Men's program at church, I decided to start reading one section of For the Strength of Youth each morning before Ethan heads out to the bus stop. We also share a prayer together. It's sort of our mini seminary class. (I guess technically it's a devotional of sorts, but I like mini seminary!)
Lucas enjoys having breakfast with me (as I am more awake at this later time in the morning). We get to chit chat a bit without interruption (which is a rare thing around here). This child is working on memorizing the 13 Articles of Faith. We are on #7.
Lastly, my little girl will finally get to be with mommy with no one else around. We spent our first "Girl's Day" calling our friend who always went shopping with us. Then, we went to our favorite girl hangouts: Target & Kohls. Also, the local library does weekly story time with a craft!!!
Of course, my routine cut short this week as my mother-in-law came to visit. Ethan will be ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood Sunday!!! Very exciting for all of us!!!
Friday, September 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
These beautiful ladies came to me from Newcastle West, Ireland. (Postcrossing) Aren't they wonderful?!!! This is how I imagine me...
-
Anyone who knows me knows that I love books! Reading them, collecting them, and now making them. A couple of years ago, I purchased a boo...
-
I found a lovely packet of index cards at a garage sale many moons ago. I didn't have a specific purpose in mind for them. Until ...
-
When I was 6 my family moved from the Dayton, Ohio area to the north of Dayton, Ohio area. I had one best friend and she and I were det...


Sounds like you're getting back to some sense of order again after the move and all! Miss running into your family in the halls! You should have a box coming your way soon! Mine already have come!
ReplyDeleteWhat a good mom you are!!! We all miss you here in OH-IO! Your books should be arriving soon. Mine all have!
ReplyDeleteWow!! Now THAT is a cool routine! Thanks for the ideas!
ReplyDelete