Saturday, September 25, 2010

Volunteer

The school year has really begun for me.  I've started to help out with various activities at the kids' schools.

This past week I got to be a lap marker-offer at the Jog-r-walk event at Lucas' school.  For each lap, they earned whatever amount of money that their sponsors said they would donate.  It was fun cheering the kids on while they ticked off each quarter mile lap.  Although, I had one kid dis OSU (I was wearin' the colors!)

My next fun event was to teach a one hour class for Lucas' teacher.  Each week, I'll be doing a lesson/activity on the months' character trait.  We began the year with empathy.  I had the kids walking in Ivan's big shoes, role playing, and laughing.  (Have I ever taught a class without some laughter???)  It was loads of fun.  Lucas has a nice group of kids in this class!

Next week, I'll be starting my volunteering at the middle school in the library.  I've been asked to lead some teen reading groups and help with some book displays.  Don't know any details, yet, but I'll keep you posted!

P.S.  Tomorrow I'll be getting my first calling here.  What do you think it is?

2 comments:

  1. I want to sit in on that hour you teach! I'm excited to hear what your new calling is... I'm thinking primary, but I hope it's in the RS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an amazing teacher, they are lucky to have you volunteering. So what is this new calling? YW?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts