Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

Sage and I adapted this crafthttp://taylordesign.wordpress.com/2008/10/30/curled-paper-christmas-tree-tutorial/  (I don't know how to make this link work, just google it.)
to make a craft at home.
I was determined to make it without buying any supplies.  So I had to make my own cones.

These were just stapled together.  Didn't have to be pretty because they were going to be covered.






 The next step is to cut out the little paper strips from scrapbook paper. I didn't have any two sided paper (which would look cuter) but I forged ahead anyway.  They each need to be curled.
Then begin gluing.  My tacky glue was a bit glumpy after a hot trek across the US of A, but it seemed to still do the job.



When all was glued on, I added some glitter glue at the top & a dollop on each "leaf" to add some sparkle.  Given more time, I could add a star or angle.  I'm going to make 4 more of these to use in the display at the middle school library.

 Sage wanted to make some too.  I think she did pretty good!  And I wasn't allowed to help her.

 

4 comments:

  1. Very cute, especially Sage's pink one :) I may have to do this with the kids over Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just way too cool!!! I love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts