Monday, November 8, 2010

Right click this image and Choose Save File/Image as to download Bee Extra Grateful for our Bishop.
This week I was able have a PPI with my Bishop.  I am so amazed at what our Bishop's accomplish & all the hard work they do.  We have an awesome Bishop!!!  What a blessing to serve with him!!!

baptism, girl, baptize
Saturday, I was able to attend my first baptism as the Primary President.  It was so neat.  The entire stake gets together to have all the baptisms for the month.  There was lovely music, nice talks, then in groups of three wards, we went to see "our" kids baptized.  The confirmations were done by individual wards.  I was prepared to do what I thought was the "standard" congratulations/welcome to activity days, etc.  Little did I know that they didn't do things like we did back in Ohio & everyone liked it.  I just thought everyone did the same thing.  I have started a new tradition.  I'm a trend setter.  Who knew?


Remember my fascination with sprinklers here in Idaho.  Well, there's more.  The past month I've seen little signs everywhere advertising "Sprinkler Blowouts" for $25.  Having no clue, I asked my Relief Society President.  She explained it while a couple of other sisters were chuckling at my question.  At the end of summer you have to pay someone to come & blow all the water out of the sprinkler system/pipes so that they don't freeze & bust the pipes.  I had no idea.


My first Sunday not conducting, I took the opportunity to check out our GIGANTIC nursery.  Wow!  I am so grateful to have wonderful nursery leaders & a saintly counselor who's "only" responsibility is to take care of the GIGANTIC nursery & my wonderful leaders.  And, I have to call two more leaders & "borrow" another room to have them in.  Whew!!!


And, my wonderful Relief Society sisters insisted that they could teach me to make pie shells.  I came just to chit chat & get more acquainted (not really wanting to make a pie crust).  Well they quickly put me to work measuring, fluffling, kneading, whatever.  It was fun, but I'm not going to make pie crusts at home. The pre-made frozen kind are perfectly fine for me!!!  (But thanks anyways, ladies!)

3 comments:

  1. You are just learning something new every day there in Idaho, huh?! I am jealous! I feel stuck in a rut here- but I am learning pie crusts tomorrow night at RS- but I probably wont' make my own anyway!!
    Love that you are happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are going well in your ward. I hear you on the pie crust, I never make my own pie crust, but I love it when my mom does because there is always plenty left over for pie crust cookies. If I ever were to make some pie crust, I'm pretty sure it would all end up as cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts