Sunday, November 28, 2010

Views of Star

I sent Ethan out one day on his bicycle to take some photos of our little town.
This is the town hall.  Ethan took only a close up shot of the building.  We haven't actually been inside, yet.  This building sits near the fire station & the food bank.  Yep, we actually have one. Local scouts have come by several times to collect food. The food bank is actually housed in a little house.
As you can tell from the sign, this is our local post office.  It is actually bigger than the little post office down the street from us in Ohio.  The parking lot was recently paved.  That was exciting.  Simply because, as the post mistress shared with me, some people got mad that the post office was closed.  Can't make everybody happy.
This is the one "fancy" restaurant in town.  Yep, we haven't been there, either.  I have no idea if the food is any good; no one we know has been there, either.  They do broadcast the Boise Broncos games.  We usually only watch the Scarlet & Gray.  
Our neighbor across the street works for the Star Fire Department.  One day, he and another fireman stopped by his house for lunch.  The boys are actually friends with his son & have been able to visit the firehouse a couple of times.  Nice folks.  They have snowmobiles.  I think we should become better friends!!
This is the little club house for our neighborhood.  I had no idea our neighborhood as one of these until I was invited to the Relief Society Progressive Dinner (next week).  I guess it will end here.  Sadly, there's no pool, hot tub, work out equipment, etc.  It is across the street from Lucas' school & does provide some convenient parking when you don't want to get stuck in the student pick up line!
This is the sign for little park in our neighborhood.  It's a nice little park, but you won't get to see that since Ethan only photographed the sign.  We have a couple of pieces of nice play equipment.  There are a couple of soccer fields.  There is one gazebo, that Sage & I like to stop at & have picnics when we have finished volunteering at Lucas' school.  There are a couple of benches.  And a great sign.

Ok everyone.  As me questions about what you see so that I know what else to blog about.  Stay tuned for Toon Time!

1 comment:

  1. I love it that you sent him on this trip! What a good idea! What else to blog about-put up one of your writing pieces!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts