Friday, September 23, 2011

The Beginnings of the Art Journal

The first part of the art journal is to be an introduction of myself.  Since my journal is small, I am going to make use of every possible surface; including the front and back covers.



To begin, I used a  brown craft paper envelope that has been collecting dust in my stash.  I decorated it with some stamps, a real French stamp, and a page out of some french book (gift from a swap buddy).  Inside the envelope will be a card made from an old divider page from a binder.  The paper is old handwriting paper that I stumbled upon at a garage sale last year.  The suitcases are ripped from (I believe) Victorian magazine that was free for the taking at our local library.  And I tried my hand at using a stamp pad of black ink to color the edges.

This is not the finished product.  I will be writing a brief introduction on the school paper.  The journal title will be on the little red frame that you see on the brown envelope; which will eventually be attached to the front of the green plaid journal.

The next entry I'm going to work on is titled, "Five Things I Can't Live Without."  What's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts