Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Bookmas!

For those unfamiliar with Swap-bot, there are several types of swaps.  General, Group, Private.  General Swaps are open to anyone on Swapt-bot (registered users).  There are loads of categories to chose from (for example postcards, letters, books, food, random, etc.)

Group swaps are conducted between members of a group.  One can be invited or ask to join a group that matches their particular interests.  

Private swaps are just that.  Individuals may create a swap just between themselves for whatever particular item that interests them.

I have begun participating in a swap-bot group called District 13.  (Check out The Hunger Games.)  There is a swap called Happy Bookmas.  The idea is to create a card with books as the theme (hense the name), include a book mark, as well as a book suggestion or two.

This would be the front of my card.  I used some pages from some books in a couple of different languages and added some old Creative Memories cut outs that I've had forever.  Considered using some glitter, but can't find mine and I was thinking that someone from District 13 probably wouldn't have glitter handy, either.  (My lame excuse reasoning behind not looking harder for glitter.)

 My lame attempt at poetry.
 The official greeting.  Thanks awesome stickers from a swap partner!!!
On a personal note, life here is a bit crazy!  Besides my own neck/pain issues (no, not the children being a pain in-although that happens, too), and my M-I-L (who recently had back surgery & is on disability) moving in with us, my husband busted his "good" knee playing indoor soccer last night.  This would be the second time he has called me while enroute the ER.  Nothing is broken (bone-wise), but tomorrow he goes to see an orthopedic who will most likely tell him to get an MRI which will then tell us how badly he's injured his ligaments or ACL or something nor other.  We took this trip about 11 years ago.  Weeks at home, physical thereapy, pain, frustration.  The thing most heart wrenching is that we don't get to travel or have cool cars or a motorcycle, but my sweetheart loved to play sports and we always managed to afford this little luxery of his.  Now that is probably gone.  I can only watch him struggle with anger and frustration and disapointment.  I can fetch ice & food.  Fix the pillows.  But I can't fix this.  

2 comments:

  1. NO!!! I am so sorry to hear about hubby, that sucks! I will include him in my prayers (you're already in them), and hope that he heals quickly and that the damage is not extensive enough to stop him from the things he loves. Hang in there. (I'm kind of interested in the private swap thing, I'll have to check it out after this school year. I may need a new hobby then...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined swap bot looong time ago but I found too many restrictions to the newbies, so I got disappointed very soon :/
    I love how turned out your card!
    I hope yor husband get well soon.
    Warm greetings.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts