Friday, November 4, 2011

Toulouse

My next purchase of postcards are from Toulouse.  That is the first place I lived in France.  I had never been to a big city before that & I found it to be fascinating!
 This is a view of the Garonne River.
 Here is Le Pont Neuf crossing the Garonne.  It date's back to the 16th Century.  The buildings on the other side include the Clochers des Jacobins (13th century) and the Balilique Saint-Sernin (11th century).
 A view from the inside of L'Eglise des Jacobins.  It is called Le Palmier de la nef.
 In the heart of the city you find Le Capitole.  This view shows you why Toulouse is called La Ville Rose.  The rooftops are all wearing Spanish red tiles.
 "Vive La Republique" proudly proclaims L'Hotel de ville.  The front measures 128 m.  This is one of the prettiest facades of Les Mairies de France.  It was constructed by G. Gammas from 1750-1760.
 This is a postcard that has two stickers that represent the Toulouse region.  The back reads:  I am Occitan and born very proud.  
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty postcards pics. I have only been to Paris but I am due a trip soon. Anna (mynursecoach) from swap-bot.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts