Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chocolate Anyone?

 One afternoon I found myself arriving early for physical therapy and decided to explore a bit.  The area where my appointment was located is called Toon Town because it looks like a cartoon version of a western town.  A new shop had recently opened, a new THRIFT STORE!  Heaven!

Of course, there were all kinds of treasures and trinkets.  But my eyes lit up when I found this:
Its a postcard.  It's a metal postcard.  I'd never seen one like it before.  And it's French and has the word chocolate  emblazoned on it.  (Is that too strong of a word?)  And that cute little lad in his knickers.  Looks like he's brining me a gift!

I also came across this statement by Emily Post (Etiquette, 1922) while reading the book, "For The Love of Letters" by Samara O'Shea:

The art of general letter-writing in the present day is shrinking until the letter threatens to become a telegram, a telephone message, a post-card.

Not quite sure how to take this.  It makes me smile. I love letters.  I love postcards.  I can even live with telephone messages (but that would be my last choice.)  Is she saying that a postcard is an inferior form of mail.  I'm hurt, Emily.  In any case, Viva la Post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts