Friday, January 6, 2012

Sad Swapper

Very sad this morning in swapper land. I was given a poor rating for a swap that I sent (in fact I was one of the first people to send out that swap). The receiver didn't take any time to notify me that she had not received my package. The swap took place back in October and now because of the low rating I have been dropped from a new swap. I realize this is not the end of the world, but Swap-bot was one of my "happy places" and now that is not so. This would be a second major blow on this site. I had earlier entered a swap in which we were to create an art journal. I put my heart into mine, but never received anything from my partner who also happened to be the host of the swap and who hadn't been on the site since the day she created the swap.

I have no issues with the site. I've received many a cute swap, and have begun some wonderful friendships. (Have even tweeted with the founder, Rachel.) Just feeling a bit disgruntled at the moment. Needed to vent.

Sorry. Hope you all have a lovely weekend! I am going to be busy enjoying my fabulous "Reges Magos" (sp?) gift. I have the sweetest hubby!!!!!!

B

3 comments:

  1. Oh that sucks! Have you tried contacting her about the rating she left you? Maybe you two can work something out?

    I've had people flake on me before too. It kind of spoiled my love of swap-bot. Now I tend to stick to swapping with people I actually know or people who follow my blog. I've been considering giving swap-bot another shot though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo on them! It's their loss- you are so wonderful and I love that you love this! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your feeling and I hope the sadness is fast moving and you can let go and just know you are a 5 no matter what that damn number on your profile reads.

    I am about ready to give up on Swap-Bot all together because of the ratings focus. My feeling is that the software should not allow 1 or 3 ratings until a PM is sent, and then there must be a week for the person to respond to PM before the rating is set. I've mentioned this in the way past, but got shot down. There are some really, really mean folk who are the opinion leaders on that site, so now I just keep out of the forum and try to ignore ratings as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts