Samara O'Shea
Sunday, January 22, 2012
For The Love of Letters {part 2}
"And that is what I'd like you to take away from this book--an appreciation for how powerful your words are. How powerful our language is and how effective the two can be in tangible form. Letters instigate understanding, change, and closure. Letters are a chance for all of us to live well beyond our allotted years. They can and will affect the recipient, but what's oftentimes greater (and more surprising) is the effect letters have on the writer--who may be coming face-to-face with his or her thoughts and feelings for the first time. Letters have been perforning acts--both ordinary and extraordinary--for several hundred millennia and I'd like to make sure they continue to do so."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
These beautiful ladies came to me from Newcastle West, Ireland. (Postcrossing) Aren't they wonderful?!!! This is how I imagine me...
-
Anyone who knows me knows that I love books! Reading them, collecting them, and now making them. A couple of years ago, I purchased a boo...
-
When I was 6 my family moved from the Dayton, Ohio area to the north of Dayton, Ohio area. I had one best friend and she and I were det...
-
I found a lovely packet of index cards at a garage sale many moons ago. I didn't have a specific purpose in mind for them. Until ...


No comments:
Post a Comment