Friday, October 15, 2010

I Got a Job!!!



This week I was hired to work for a company called Access Living.  I'm going to be a PSR.


Psycho Social Rehabilitation at Access Living centers around effective and caring interventions that provide lifting reinforcement, current education and powerful techniques to change behavior.

PSR offers services for adults, adolescents and children and is a service covered by Medicaid. PSR uses an approach that encourages a person to develop to their fullest capacities through learning and environmental supports. 


It is a contract, part-time position.  I make my own schedule.  And with Ivan's schedule, I can work afternoons when he &  Ethan are home to watch the other two kids.  Because of my Master's degree, I get to skip out of staff meetings (which are at 8 a.m.) and a couple of other things.  I only have to report in to the office once a week to submit my time sheet & progress notes about client progress.  I'm excited.  It's not exactly what I wanted to do, but the hours & pay is great.  It's a foot in the door, so to speak.

Oddly enough, the job fell right into my lap.  One of Lucas' friends/classmates works there & when we exchanged numbers, she had given me a business card.  I asked about her work & the next thing I knew I had an interview the next day!  I love it when a plan comes together!!!  (Thanks Heavenly Father!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie- that is awesome!! I am so happy for you!! It sounds like a new challenge for you and one you will pour your heart into! Congrats!! I couldn't be happier for you all- prayers are heard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word-"feel into my lap"-that's exactly what I wrote about my job! So cool. Love it when blessings come so easily.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts