Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Book Stores

Today I got about 45 minutes of heaven.  I got to go to a book store.  Yeah!!!

It wasn't quite the one pictured above, but it was a book store nonetheless!!!  Sage and I wandered around looking at everything.  Ok, so I was looking at everything.  Sage was only happy because I said she could pick out a book.

My quest today, was to find something that I can use for work.  I need to come up with my own activities for my clients to do to accomplish their treatment goals.  I have a couple of books that I've gotten at the library, but I just had to find one that I could buy.  I think I found a winner.  It was on the clearance table & could be used in primary, young women's, relief society, and work.

Of course, while on my hunt, I found some cute activity books that I can use with my kids to keep them reverent in church.  (Or to keep me reverent in church.)  I was happy to find a Hello Kitty sticker activity book, also on clearance.

Although I am grateful for the Idaho bookstores that I have found, I am extremely saddened by the fact that my favorite of all favorite bookstores is not located here.  That would be......

I even sent the company an email requesting that they put a store in the greater Boise area.  I even volunteered to be am employee!  (I haven't heard anything from them, yet.)  I love this store because I could always find something that was both wanted and affordable.  And I could sell them the ones I didn't want/like.  Which, of course, led to more buying.

My absolute favorite was a little place in German Village (Columbus).  I have gotten lost there several times.  There are a multitude of rooms to browse.  Enough to occupy a bibliophile for hours or days.  I was able to wander it's wonderful, little rooms and climb/descend it's labyrinth of little stairways one last time before moving with my mother.  Sigh.  I guess it is better to have loved & lost, than never to have loved at all.
I think I need to open a bookstore!!!

4 comments:

  1. Bookstores are truly wonderful things!!! I just discovered the book loft for the first time just recently! I was with a friend who referred to it and I said I had never been there and she was in shock and COULD NOT believe I had never been there, so she took me! I fell in love at first sight! That place is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell ya what- I will go there for you whenever you feel the book need- it is a wonderful place, I agree and I hardly go there! What a slacker!
    I do think you should be your own boss and open one up- that would be a dream job for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, I miss Half Price Books too!!! Nothing here compares. I tried to go to a little used bookstore here and the hours and days that they are open are just insanely random. I have no idea when I will finally be able to get in there, or if it will even be worth it. I do have a Scholastic warehouse here. I haven't been yet, but Gillian has with her school librarian and she said it was AWESOME. I've been told they do a half price sale at Christmas, so I'm waiting semi-patiently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's the name of the German Village bookstore? I'd love to check it out. Love half price books too. Go you for taking action and emailing them!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts