Here's is a photo of the one traffic light that we have in Star. This is the intersection of Star Road & State Street.
A right turn will take you the slightly larger Middleton, Id. They may have more traffic lights than we do, but we have our own police department & they don't.
If you go straight you will end up in Meridian. (They have lots of traffic lights. A LOT!)
A left turn will get you right to the heart of our fair city. From the official Star City website:
Welcome to Star, Idaho. We are a small town located about 20 miles west of Boise. Our community offers a pleasant atmosphere and we are close to many of the recreational opportunities that Idaho has to offer. Star offers a lifestyle that is still within reach, a four seasons climate and a very low crime rate. Because of this, many have found Star to be the community of choice to raise their children. It isn’t uncommon in Star to see local children walking down to the river with their fishing poles in hand.
It's true! I've seen Opie Taylor. Actually, the kids and I have gone fishing in that very river, the Boise River. It's a short bike ride, south on Star Rd., just down the street from our church building.
In the photo, you can see one of the two chain fast food joints in town. And yes, they sell the $5 footlong! Can you guess what the other fast food joint is? A prize to the winner!
The building that you just barely see on the left houses a message parlor (do they still call them that?) and two hair salons (one on each end with the masseurs in the middle.
Idaho is quite tough on speeders (since the crime rate is so low). Most towns boast a speed limit of 20 mph unless otherwise posted. And most traffic lights also have cameras. Say cheese! Luckily I don't have one of those souvenirs!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
These beautiful ladies came to me from Newcastle West, Ireland. (Postcrossing) Aren't they wonderful?!!! This is how I imagine me...
-
Anyone who knows me knows that I love books! Reading them, collecting them, and now making them. A couple of years ago, I purchased a boo...
-
I found a lovely packet of index cards at a garage sale many moons ago. I didn't have a specific purpose in mind for them. Until ...
-
When I was 6 my family moved from the Dayton, Ohio area to the north of Dayton, Ohio area. I had one best friend and she and I were det...

Sounds like a really wonderful place to raise your kids! And you even have a Subway! When we lived in our mountain town in CA- THE McDonald's was in a neighboring town about 6 miles up the hill! And THE signal light was in that town too! All we had were stop signs!! Good memories!
ReplyDeleteI'm guessing you have a McDonalds in Star (though I wouldn't be surprised if it were an A&W or something like that). I'm I right? Star sounds a lot like my home town when I was a kid (before they got three more traffic lights and a Wal-Mart!) I hope you guys are enjoying small town life as much as I did.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lovely place- very modern and stylish!! ha ha
ReplyDeleteThough I can't see the arches, I am taking a gander that you have a Mickey D's in town.
Hope I win!!
A 5 dollar footlong, ey. It wouldn't be Jared and his famous Subway sandwich. That right there makes it a town worth living in.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your calling. You will do so wonderful, as you do with everything you touch.
Miss visiting with you, and reaping much from your wisdom.
Love it!!! Cool pic! I love little towns like that! :) Kind of like the one I grew up in!
ReplyDeleteWow! Well I know the answer now to your answer. I do love little towns...
ReplyDelete